Services & Products
All too often, those who experience chronic back pain, neck pain, headaches or other debilitating conditions seek the help of a chiropractor as a last resort when nothing else has worked. Dr. Jason Miller, owner of Miller Chiropractic and Wellness in St. Petersburg, believes that just the opposite should be true. “Chiropractic should be the first line of defense, not the last,” maintains Miller, who has been in practice as a Dr. of Chiropractic since 2001.
Miller Chiropractic and Wellness offers a full-range of chiropractic techniques, as well as common sense nutritional alternatives to medication. Dr. Miller believes in treating the body as a whole and examining the core of what his patients are going through. Borrowing words of wisdom from Hippocrates, the ancient Greek physician regarded as the father of medicine, Dr. Miller advises his patients to “let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.” This includes recommending whole food supplements to correct deficiencies in their diet that can ultimately manifest in any number of physical ailments. We truly are what we eat! Poor nutritional habits, such as excessive refined carbohydrate consumption, cause inflammation. By adopting a proper nutritional regimen of eating healthy, whole foods that our bodies can actually identify and process, dramatic improvement can be seen and felt!
Dr. Miller’s patients undergo a comprehensive chiropractic, orthopedic and neurological evaluation to assess the most effective treatment methods for their specific issues. The completely safe chiropractic techniques Dr. Miller utilizes in his practice to correct musculoskeletal and nervous system disorders include:
- Cox Flexion Distraction, in which a table is used and a gentle stretching procedure is applied to the spine to relieve nerve compression and aid in the healing process.
- Diversified Technique, perhaps the best known manual chiropractic adjustment used to correct spine distortions. This technique results in a familiar popping sound when the spine adjustment is made.
- Activator, which utilizes a hand-held tool to provide gentle thrust adjustments. This is a very effective method of pain relief for those who suffer from osteoporosis or arthritis and prefer hands-off treatment.
- Impulse Adjusting, a high-tech, precise and targeted adjustment to a specific trouble area to relieve pain and improve mobility. Patients experience a light tapping sensation.
- Laser Therapy, infrared light is applied for pain relief, to promote healing, and relieve inflammation. Dr. Miller has found that when used in tandem with good nutritional habits, laser can bring terrific results!
- Standard Process Purification Program, Experience the benefits of helping your body cleanse with the Standard Process Purification Program. The purification program combines a generous menu of whole foods with supplements that support the body’s ability to remove naturally occurring toxins. This promotes a state that allows for toxin release.
- Nutri-West, a broad spectrum of more than 300 products from vitamins, minerals, herbs, glandulars, enzymes and others to proprietary lines like Whole System and Core Level Products, China West Chinese herbs, Micro-West homeopathics and so much more, represent the largest, most diverse line of nutritional supplementation available from any single manufacturer.